Join the New Brunswick Police AuxiliaryNew Brunswick Police Director, Anthony Caputo announced today the reformation of the New Brunswick Auxiliary Police Unit. This all volunteer unit will be used to assist department police officers with a variety of special details. The Auxiliary Police Unit will serve as an extension to the police department and will provide increased interaction and awareness between police personnel and the community.
The police department is actively recruiting new auxiliary members and encourages anyone interested to contact Sergeant Scott Gould at (732) 745-5190. Applications are available through the following three options;
1. Forms can be downloaded below.
2. Forms can be picked up at the Police Department.
New Brunswick Police Department
25 Kirkpatrick St
New Brunswick NJ 08901
3. Contact Sgt. Gould at 732-745-5190 or via email – email@example.com.
Applications must be mailed (postmarked) by February 08, 2012 to the Police Department Address listed above.
Requirements for Auxiliary Police Officer include:
· At least 18 years of age
· Legal U.S. Citizen
· Resident of the City of New Brunswick
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· Complete and satisfy a Criminal Background Check
· Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
· Must volunteer a minimum of 96 hours annually to maintain A.P. Certification
· Satisfactorily complete a State Accredited Auxiliary Police Academy including 14 weeks of training. Instruction is on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (7pm-10pm) with additional instruction on Saturdays (8am-4pm).
· Instruction will be held at the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office Training Center, Edison, NJ
If you have an interest in law enforcement or want to give back to your community, the New Brunswick Police Department invites you to apply for the position of Auxiliary Police Officer. The next available Auxiliary Academy starts March 3, 2012 and applications for this academy must be submitted by February 8, 2012. There are limited spaces available however the unit will be expanded as future academy classes become available.
Applications have closed.