If your home or apartment was built before 1978, the paint on your walls, windows, doors and other surfaces may contain lead. If the lead-based paint is chipped and worn, it can create a hazardous health situation in your home. Children are especially susceptible to health hazards from lead, which can lead to learning disabilities and other problems.
Find information from USEPA here about the hazards associated with lead paint and learn what you can do to protect your and your family’s health if your home has lead based paint.
Additional information about lead paint from the New Jersey Dept. of Community Affairs can be found at the links below: