As the legislative body of New Brunswick’s municipal government, the City Council is responsible for approving the annual budget, ordinances and resolutions, contracts, and appointments to boards and commissions.
The City Council has five members elected at large to staggered four-year terms. The Council President, elected to a 2-year term by the Council presides over all meetings.
Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month. Meetings are held in Council Chambers at City Hall. All meetings are open to the public and members of the New Brunswick community are encouraged to attend and participate.
* Council President Rebecca Escobar
* Council Vice President Kevin Egan
* Council Member John Anderson
* Council Member Glenn Fleming
* Council Member Elizabeth Sheehan Garlatti
Please reference all of our City Council meetings by corresponding year at:
- 2015: https://vimeo.com/channels/2015councilmeetings
- 2014: https://vimeo.com/channels/2014councilmeetings
- 2013: http://vimeo.com/channels/2013councilmeetings
- 2012: http://vimeo.com/channels/2012councilmeetings
- 2011: http://vimeo.com/channels/2011councilmeetings
Please view all of our City Council meetings on our Vimeo channel at http://vimeo.com/cityofnewbrunswick