A group of special community members who make a daily difference in the City of New Brunswick were treated to a special recognition ceremony during the annual Knights of Columbus Community Awards Night on May 23 at Saint Peter’s University Hospital.
Each year, Knights of Columbus, Council No. 257 recognizes people and institutions from the New Brunswick community whose work and volunteer contributions have cultivated positive change. These include volunteers, City employees, first responders, community organizations and teachers.
The 2018 award recipients are:
- Ivan Adorno – Francis “Bud” Murphy Community Activity Award
- Evans Berrocal – EMS Provider of the Year Award, Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Wayne Curtis – EMS Provider of the Year Award, RWJBarnabas Health
- Glenis Dupree – James M. Seamon Educator of the Year Award, New Brunswick Public Schools
- Captain J.T. Miller – George Seamon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year Award
- Barry McCloud – Alec Baker Memorial Award
- Deputy Chief Kevin McCann – Deputy Chief James D’Heron Firefighter of the Year Award
- Diane Negri – William Stillwell Religious Activities Award
- New Brunswick Community Food Alliance – Francis J. Crupi Humanitarian Award
- Christine Patterson – Teacher of the Year Award, New Brunswick High School
- Jose Torrealba-Munoz – EMS Provider of the Year Award, Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Nancy Toth – Bill Brooks Senior Citizen of the Year Award