The Middlesex County Mosquito Extermination Commission has announced that it will spray in New Brunswick between the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 11:59 p.m on Monday, September 24.
Neighborhoods to be sprayed include areas bordered by Suydam Street, Remsen Avenue, Livingston Avenue, Triangle Road and Somerset Street.
A map of the area to be sprayed is available here.
In the event of rain, spraying will take place on Tuesday, September 25 within the same timeframe.
- Pay attention to notices about spraying found through newspapers, websites, automated telephone messages or notices distributed by municipal, county or state agencies.
- Plan your activities to limit time spent outside during times of possible insecticide treatments. Move your pets, their food, and water dishes inside during application. Also bring clothing and children’s toys inside. Stay away from application equipment, whether in use or not.
- Whenever possible, remain indoors with windows closed and with window air conditioners on non-vent (closed to the outside air) and window fans turned off during spraying.
- Avoid direct contact with surfaces that are still wet from pesticide spraying. Do not allow children to play in areas that have been sprayed until they have completely dried (approximately one hour).
- If you must remain outdoors, avoid eye and skin contact with the spray. If you get spray in your eyes or on your skin, immediately flush and rinse with water.