The holiday season has returned to New Brunswick and with it a full roster of fun, family-friendly and free programming for all to enjoy.
- On Friday, December 7, the annual Tree Lighting ceremony will take place from 5-7 p.m. at Monument Square, located at the intersection of Livingston Avenue and George Street in the downtown. Live music and performances, a holiday craft market, the annual cook-off competition and a visit from Santa are scheduled.
- On Saturday, December 15, free photos with Santa will take place from noon-3 p.m. at United Methodist Church at New Brunswick, 323 George Street.
- Enjoy free horse drawn carriage rides through the New Brunswick downtown from 4-7 p.m. on Friday, December 14-Sunday, December 16. Rides will pick up at the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick on Neilson Street.
- And all are invited to ring in the new year with a fireworks display over the Heldrich Hotel, presented by The Restaurant Guys. A DJ will play music starting at 11:30 p.m. and fireworks will be set off at the stroke of midnight on January 1.
A toy, clothing and food drive will take place through December 16 to benefit local families. Bring non-perishable food items, adult and children’s winter coats and accessories, or children’s toys to the following locations:
- Tavern on George, 361 George Street
- Salt Seafood & Oyster Bar, 103 Church Street
- New Brunswick City Market / Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce offices, 109 Church Street
- Any City Market holiday program.