For further information contact:
Captain J.T. Miller, Public Information Officer
(732) 745-5193 (office)
The New Jersey Civil Service Commission (NJCSC) has announced they are currently accepting applications for this year’s Law Enforcement Entry Exam. Anyone interested in becoming a New Brunswick Police Officer would be required to take this exam. All applications must be received by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission by September 4, 2013 to be eligible. Complete details of the application process can be found at the NJCSC website: http://nj.gov/csc/about/news/safety/
If you are interested in applying to be a New Brunswick Police Officer you must:
1. Be a United States citizen and a resident of the City of New Brunswick prior to September 4, 2013.
2. Be at least 18 years of age and no older than 35 years of age (certain exceptions do apply for the maximum age requirement. See the NJCSC website for complete details)
3. Be a high school or vocational school graduate, or possess an approved High School Equivalency Certificate.
4. Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s license.
5. Successfully pass through medical and drug screening, psychological/psychiatric examinations, and criminal background investigations.